How to get your medical card.

We offer complimentary assistance with state forms, regulations and doctor referrals. Click on the links below for agencies and forms.

To be able to shop at a Medical Marijuana store you need to follow a few steps to obtain a Medical Marijuana Card.

***You must be 18 or older or have parental consent to apply for a card. You must also have a valid Colorado ID or Drivers License or be able to prove residency with the proper documents.

#1: You must go see a Doctor who is registered with the State of Colorado and comfortable with recommending Medical Marijuana. They will determine if your medical condition fits the criteria for applying for a Medical Marijuana Card. If you meet the criteria the Doctor will write you a recommendation for a Medical Marijuana Card. The doctor can submit the recommendation online to the Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE) or give you a a paper copy that you can mail into the CDPHE.

*For a list of Doctors in the Durango area please call us at (970) 259-3674.

#2: Once you have obtained a Doctor recommendation you must submit the recommendation, along with an application, to the Colorado Department of Health and Environment. This can be done two ways, Online or by Mail.

ONLINE - If you choose to to apply online go to CDPHE's website and follow the directions for applying online. Applying online typically has a processing time of 3-4 days. You will have to create an online account with the CDPHE and you can pay the $29.50 application fee online with a debit or credit card.
BY MAIL - If you choose to apply by Mail you must print out an application from the CDPHE's website and follow the steps on the application. You can also stop by our shop and we will provide you with the application and proper paperwork to apply by mail. Typically mail in applications take 35+ days to process. When mailing in your application you need to make sure you include an enlarged copy of your Colorado ID or proper documents proving your Colorado residency, a copy of your application, a copy of your Doctor recommendation, and a $29.50 check or money order addressed to the CDPHE. Please mail your application via Certified Mail to:
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80246

#3: Once you have submitted your application to the CDPHE you have a 35 day temporary shopping window while your card is processed. First time applicants are the only ones who can shop on the temporary paperwork. If you applied online the wait should only be 3-4 days, if you applied by mail you will wait 35+ days to receive your card. You may shop on your temporary card Monday-Friday 9am-5pm and you must provide your valid ID or Drivers License and proof of application.

There are two ways to provide proof of application:
ONLINE- If you applied online you can print out your doctor recommendation and application from your account. You will need to provide a paper copy of your application the first time you shop at any Medical Marijuana store, after that you can use a smartphone to access your account and use your digital copies to shop with. Remember to bring your valid ID or Drivers License with you each time!
BY MAIL - If you applied by mail you will need to bring your copies of your doctor recommendation and application, the Certified Mail receipt from the post office, and your valid ID or Drivers License to be able to shop. Be sure to bring along all of these documents each time you shop!

#4: Once your application is approved the CDPHE will issue you a Medical Marijuana Card. You will either print off your card from your online account or receive it by mail depending on what method you chose to submit your application through. Your Medical Marijuana Card will be valid for 1 year. You will have to follow the same application process each year to renew your card.

Don't hesitate to call us with any questions you may have about the application process, if you would like information on how to become a member please give us a call at (970) 259-3674.

Helpful Links:
Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
Colorado Department of Revenue - Marijuana Enforcement Division
Americans for Safe Access